- Freeride Station
- sporty, adventurous
The Freeride Basic Day is available to all skiers and off-piste skiers who already have some experience skiing off-piste or on ski slopes but do not yet feel 100% confident, and who are hoping to get even more from a great deep-snow descent. Improve your basic technique (body position) and learn how best to tackle off-piste skiing. With exercises on stance both on and off piste, you will strengthen your ski technique and build your confidence for your next powder run. All of this follows the motto: Get up, get in that cable car and head up that mountain!
- Time: Winter 2021/22
- Meeting point: 09:15 Freeride Station, Grasjoch cable car mountain station
- Program: Briefing (avalanche and snow conditions, and safety check), handing out of rental equipment, warm-up run, technique and deep-snow runs alternately, individual feedback on skiing technique, approx. 4.5 hours
- Required equipment: Helmet and freeride skis (min. 85 mm waist width) or snowboard, avalanche transceiver emergency equipment (can be rented out at the Freeride Station), skins or splitboard/snowshoes (depending on the snow conditions)
- Number of participants: minimum of 5 people
- Information: 16 years and over; off-piste experience and safe skiing on steep, free terrain in all types of snow is required; ascent up to 45 minutes possible, good physical condition required, safe parallel turns required, suitable for all age categories, will only take place if the conditions are suitable
Booking no later than 3pm on the previous day online, at any payment desk or via telephone +43 5557 6300 or in the Alpin Sport Zentrale in Schruns.
*only in combination with a valid lift pass
- Freeride Station 6791 St. Gallenkirch, AT
- +43 5557 6300