- Freeride Station
Do you dream of exciting freeride descents, but don’t yet feel quite comfortable using the emergency equipment and assessing the risk of avalanche? If this is you, then the Freeride Safety Check is ideal. (This course is also available for experienced freeriders who want to refresh their knowledge.) In the course, you will expand your basic knowledge of avalanches and get to grips with the factors that lead to avalanches, allowing you to better identify the risks in the future. A guide from the Freeride Station will train you on each of the steps involved in avalanche rescue in the professional surroundings of the new Freeride Safety Area on Grasjoch. We recommend that you take this course using your own personal emergency equipment; however, we do have equipment for hire from the Freeride Station, should you need it. Once you’ve completed the Freeride Safety Check, you’re ready for the new freeride runs – perhaps even a Freeride Adventure Day or any of the other great experiences on offer from the Freeride Station.
- Every MON from DEC 30, 2019, to APR 13, 2020
- Meet at the Freeride Station, Grasjoch cable car mountain station at 1 pm
- Programme: The rental equipment is handed out (rucksack, avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe included in the price), explanation and check of the avalanche transceivers, avalanche training, triggering of an ABS avalanche airbag, snow profile explanation and presentation of various freeride routes, ends approx. at 4 pm
- Required equipment: helmet and freeski or board
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- Note: steady parallel turns required, suitable for all ages, only in appropriate snow & weather conditions
- Vouchers: available at all payment desks and online
Freeride Safety Check in Cooperation with SAAC on January, 12 2020!
Booking no later than 3 pm the previous day online, at all payment desks, via telephone on +43 5557 6300 or in the Alpin Sport Zentrale in Schruns.
*only in combination with a valid lift ticket
- Freeride Station 6791 St. Gallenkirch, AT
- +43 5557 6300