Winter holidays in Silvretta Montafon
Sports and fun in the mountains of Vorarlberg
The longest valley descent in Vorarlberg. Slopes with gradients that’ll make you swoon. An extensive backcountry that’ll give you a feeling of freedom. Unique mountain experiences that’ll have you in awe. Hosts that’ll welcome you with smiling faces and share their best insiders’ tips with you. And culinary highlights – as diverse as you are. All this and so much more is Silvretta Montafon …
Can you feel it already? The tingly excitement in your fingers and toes? The butterflies in your tummy? And the urge to drop everything you’re doing just to go skiing or snowboarding? Then off you go – to Silvretta Montafon!
Silvretta Montafon: Austria’s sportiest ski resort
The longest valley descent in Vorarlberg. Modern lift facilities and amazing freeride routes. Well-trained ski instructors contributing the necessary know-how on the mountain. Off-slope adventures ensuring fun and thrill. A snowpark, race tracks and so much more.
As you can see: Silvretta Montafon is among Austria’s sportiest ski resorts – and for good reason!
There’s plenty of variety waiting – not just on the slopes, but off the slopes as well. Did you know, for instance, that Silvretta Montafon boasts the longest floodlit night-time toboggan run in Vorarlberg?
Here’s how diverse a winter holiday in the Montafon region can be
The best winter adventures start as soon as the first snowflakes fall from the sky and cover Silvretta Montafon’s lush green meadows with a fluffy, white blanket. The slopes are getting groomed and the region’s dressed in its Sunday best. The outcome? A variety of activities you can do in the mountains – for every taste and every type of holiday guest. Ski holidays with the whole family, romantic weekend getaways for couples or sporty adventures in the snow: Silvretta Montafon is the place to be for all those who want to get more out of their holidays.
- Skiers can swoosh down the slopes. The highlights of the ski resort ensure variety and thrill: Among them, several “Black Scorpion” descents with gradients of up to 81 percent, speed routes including speed measurements, the so-called Freeridecross and the longest valley descent of Vorarlberg.
- Freeride skiers have a real freeride eldorado at their feet as they venture off the slopes. The extensive backcountry is a paradise for powder runs and making memories that even the toughest freeriders will never forget.
- Shredders will find just what they are looking for at the snowpark on the Grasjoch: up to 40 obstacles. Good to know: Beginners and those returning from a longer break can practice their skills on the Grasjoch, too – the snowpark has kickers, rails and boxes for every level of skill.
- Freeride Crossers, listen up! In Silvretta Montafon, you’ll find Austria’s first and only freeridecross. The 800-metre course will get your adrenaline pumping. It consists of standard elements from ski- and snowboard-cross as well as natural obstacles.
And off the slopes? The variety continues! Whether it’s at night on the longest floodlit night-time toboggan run in Vorarlberg or during the day on the Kapell natural toboggan run: At least once while on winter holiday in the Montafon, you should go tobogganing! If you like to spend your time off the slopes a little more actively, you might want to try winter hiking or snowshoeing.
Ready for a picture-book winter holiday in the Montafon region? Go to tickets and prices!
Culinary joy at its best
What about after your adventures on the slopes of Silvretta Montafon? Time for a break at one of the huts! At Vorarlberg’s sportiest ski resort, 10 huts and mountain restaurants ensure the culinary wellbeing of winter sports enthusiasts and gourmets. Fuel up for the next pow(d)er run! By the way, all huts value regionality and sustainability – and you can taste it, too. Venison, for instance, comes from hunts in the vicinity, beef from farmers in the Montafon region, cheese and dairy from farmers in Vorarlberg.
What are you waiting for? Book your winter holiday in the Montafon region right away! And soon you’ll enjoy the snow, culinary highlights and scenic views at 2,000 metres above sea level.
Moments to experience when on winter holiday:
- … being the first skier or snowboarder to leave your tracks in the snow in the morning. Nothing’s easier than that with the sunrise cable car trips in Silvretta Montafon. During winter season, they take place three times a week.
- … taking the cable car up to a hut in the evening and then swooshing down the toboggan run after dinner.
- … kicking back on the sun deck of a ski hut and enjoying the warm sun rays.
- … savouring a tasty Kaiserschmarrn with Zwetschkenröster (cut-up pancake with stewed plums).
- … spending the night in an igloo at 2,000 metres above sea level.
Holidays for the whole family in the Montafon
Anyone who has ever spent a skiing holiday with the whole family knows that there are many needs to be met. Sporty skiing and enjoyable descents. Entertainment on the slopes and variety away from the descents, should your feet ever be too tired for your ski boots. How good that the Silvretta Montafon ski area has the right program up its sleeve for all family members!
Ready to hit the slopes with the whole family? Browse all accommodation options in the Montafon region and start planning your wintry getaway in the mountains!
Anything but ordinary: mountain experiences in Silvretta Montafon
You’ve always dreamt of spending the night at 2,000 metres above sea level? A ski holiday in Silvretta Montafon is just the right occasion for that! Cheese fondue, a torch-lit hike, campfire, mulled wine … All this sounds like music to your ears? Find out more about the “Night-time Igloo Adventure” in Silvretta Montafon, and experience unforgettable mountain moments!