Learn and experience the art of deep-snow skiing
The Freeride Basic Day is available to all skiers and off-piste skiers who already have some experience skiing off-piste or on ski slopes but do not yet feel 100% confident, and who are hoping to get even more from a great deep-snow descent. Improve your basic technique (body position) and learn how best to tackle off-piste skiing. With exercises on stance both on and off piste, you will strengthen your ski technique and build your confidence for your next powder run. All of this follows the motto: Get up, get in that cable car and head up that mountain!
- Time: from 10th JAN to 28th MARCH 2022
- Meeting point: 08:30 Grasjoch cable car valley station/St. Gallenkirch
- Program: Briefing (avalanche and snow conditions, and safety check), handing out of rental equipment, warm-up run, technique and deep-snow runs alternately, individual feedback on skiing technique, approx. 5 hours
- Equipment required: helmet and skis (at least 85 mm waist width), avalanche transceiver emergency equipment (can also be hired from the Freeride Station), skins (depending on the snow situation)
- Number of participants: minimum of 4 people
- Information: 16 years and over; off-piste experience and safe skiing on steep, free terrain in all types of snow is required; ascent up to 45 minutes possible, good physical condition required, safe parallel turns required, suitable for all age categories, will only take place if the conditions are suitable
- Vouchers: available at all payment desks and online
Booking no later than 3pm on the previous day online, at any payment desk or via telephone +43 5557 6300 or in the Alpin Sport Zentrale in Schruns.
*only in combination with a valid lift pass
Attention: The voucher and QR code must be exchanged for a valid ticket at a Silvretta Montafon Bergbahnen GmbH ticket office after booking online.