Slopes for pros
Garfrescha training base
Felix Neureuther, Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin and many other ski racers are increasingly using the Silvretta Montafon slopes, which are specifically prepared for professionals, as they offer optimum preparation opportunities for World Cup competition. The Garfrescha training base has a modern, permanent race and training track, which is even SL FIS certified. In 2015, it hosted the Alpine skiing team event at the European Youth Olympics for the first time. The training facility is a joint project between Skiclub Montafon, Silvretta Montafon and the state of Vorarlberg.
The training runs in the sportiest ski region offer an essential benefit for all squads who use them: former World Cup skier Martin Marinac is responsible for organizing and running the training camps at Silvretta Montafon. Skiers who have come to train therefore have a specialist contact on site to coordinate slope conditions, preparation, barriers and any other aspects needed for successful and productive training.
- Length: 550 meters
- Altitude difference: 181 meters
- Average gradient: 19.19 degrees or 34.81 percent
- First part: flat to moderately steep, ideal for training with gates
- Transition: key section
- Second part: steep and uniform
- Separated from the public skiing area by barrier nets throughout the winter season
- Optimum training conditions: run is partly frozen
Gate hire and storage
- Hire of 27 mm slalom gates, 30 mm slalom gates, giant slalom gates and short training gates
- Storage of your own gates is possible in the starting hut.